We like to name our recipes in this house. We have Alana’s Pad Thai, Bebba’s Chicken Pie, Mom’s Boeuf Bourguignon, Anna’s No-Bake Cookies, and on and on. And now we have a magnificent recipe to add to the list: Claire’s Pumpkin Sausage Soup. Ho-ley Mo-ley. This stuff is incredible. And I don’t even like pumpkin flavored things that much. Except Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks. Recipe below and on Claire’s blog.
image source unknown, anyone know?
Claire’s Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- 1 (12 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 -2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- Brown sausage, drain, then add the onion, garlic, spices and mushrooms and sauté until done.
- Add pumpkin to this mixture and mix well.
- Then stir in the broth and mix well.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and water and simmer on low another 10-15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper.
Thanks, Claire! You’re my bfffff.
Copyright Whitney Curtis 2010-2013