Good morning, all! Sweet Supal from Chevrons & Éclairs is here again with some holiday inspiration to share! Enjoy!
It’s so nice to see you all again! It’s my favorite time of the year. The time where there is no excuse to not stuff yourself with hot chocolate, eggnog and gingerbread cookies. The best part of the holidays are the Christmas parties. You can throw an elegant, festive party or a an ugly sweater party. I am spending mine with family, so I’m going to have a more traditional setting and mood. I’ve put together my inspiration board above and set out a 10 things to do list for a successful holiday party!
10. Create checklists and try to prepare as much as you can in advance.
9. Have a signature drink made ahead of time. Set up a bar area for your guests to pour and mix their own drinks. For wine, try a Rioja from Spain or a Hefeweizen for beer.
8. Set the mood with some holiday decor. Use some pine cones, extra ornaments, scented candles and dim the lights. You can find some inspiration here, here and here.
7. Make some gingerbread men cookies and layout some tubes of icing for the kids to decorate.
6. Set up a holiday playlist. You can find my holiday party playlist here.
5. Set the table the day before, if you plan on having a formal dinner.
3. Pick out a festive and comfortable outfit. I’ll be spending my Christmas in warmer weather this year and here’s what I’ve got picked out for my special holiday party!
2. Make sure the house is clean and guest friendly. Do one quick clean up an hour before guests arrive!
1. Pour yourself a glass of wine and put on a big smile.
The best part of this top 10 list is that you can apply it to any party! Hope I’ve alleviated some of your stress this holiday season. Can’t wait to hear back from you, and it is of course always a pleasure to hang out here at The Curtis Casa with you all and Whitney!
Copyright Whitney Curtis 2010-2013